I am a self-motivated, proactive and committed Brazilian designer with more than 10 years of experience with print and digital, working for the last 6 years as an independent designer delivering work for some of Brazil’s leading brands in a variety of sectors.
I have just completed a Masters degree in Design for Communication at University of Westminster, London, and also studied Chinese Language for 2 years in Nanjing, China, which has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and appreciation of intercultural competencies, and gave me a distinctive international perspective to design.
In my 10 years of experience I was able to work across a wide range of projects, from print to digital design, so I’m comfortable designing across different platforms. I also have experience working both on agencies and as an independent designer, dealing directly with clients and suppliers.
My work has been featured in the following specialised publications:
• Branding and visual identity, with strategic and creative approach.
• Extensive understanding of typography, with experience on type design.
• Lettering design, both handmade and digital.
• Editorial and packaging design.
• User interface design.
• Versatile, agile, focused and responsible approach to design
• Experience dealing directly with clients and managing projects
• Constantly improving my skills, and learning new things
• Maximising outcomes with limited resources
• Multidisciplinary experience within graphic design
• Experience living abroad (Brazil, China and UK)
With over 10 years of experience in the emerging Brazilian market, I have worked on advertising agencies until 2012 when I established my own studio, to be directly and solely responsible for harvesting briefings, developing strategies and working alongside clients from the inception to the completion of projects.
Between 2013 and 2015, I lived in the beautiful, bustling city of Nanjing, China, studying Chinese Language and working remotely with clients from Brazil. In 2016 I moved to London to pursue a Masters degree in Design for Communication.
MA DESIGN FOR COMMUNICATION @ UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER:
I chose this area because contemporary communication design has a multidisciplinary nature that brings together key subjects in visual communication such as graphic design, typography, digital media, illustration, among others.
AREAS OF STUDY:
• Visual Identity (practical project, distinction)
• Design research methods (critical reflection essay and practical project, distinction)
• Critical debates in design (lectures and practical project, distinction)
• Business for design (practical project, distinction)
• Design authorship (practical project, distinction)
• Major Project (research chosen topic: ancient German and early Brazilian typography, distinction)